We did it! We signed a lease in Oxnard to open a Bike HUB there. This has been the result of so much work to connect with the Oxnard community, outreach, pop-up bike repair, talks with the city, internal work, almost signing a lease in another location, a Transportation Needs Assessment, and saving whenever we could to have money to put down when the time came.
Even with our financial savings plan, we managed to accomplish amazing work in throughout Ventura County:
- We gave away over 300 free bike helmets to Oxnard farmworker families
- Taught 860 youth on-bike safety in school
- Distributed over 200 free bicycle lights to Oxnard residents, plus 50 bike lights to youth at the Oxnard Bike HUB opening day!
- 110 free bike lights given to youth served by community partners
- Over 400 clients helped with bike repair at our community bike shop
Help us reach our goal of $25,000.
Your donation directly supports our shared vision of a safer, more accessible Ventura County.
- $2,000 – A month’s rent at the Oxnard Bike HUB, the Oxnard headquarters for safer streets
- $1,000 – A mechanics class for Oxnard youth
- $500 – A bilingual ride ready course for adults to learn bike safety and confidence
- $300 – 20 free bike helmets for kids in our youth program
- $100 – Free bike for a kid in our youth program
- $50 – Free bike repair for an unhoused person
- $20 – Free bike lights for an essential worker
**As a thank you, all donations receive a complementary BikeVentura membership valued at $30.**
Your donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law. EIN 26-2180702. A BikeVentura individual membership is valued at $30.
When you donate to BikeVentura, you invest in safer streets in Ventura County, two non-profit bike shops, a dedicated advocacy team, youth programming, and more. Our work brings together people from all ways of life for a safer, more equitable future. Together, we ride forward.