Bike Ventura County (BikeVC) is an active, grass-roots non-profit, charitable 501(c)(3) corporation located in Ventura, California. BikeVentura incorporated in 2007 under the name VCCOOL and formally transitioned to BikeVentura in 2019, and then to Bike Ventura County (BikeVC) in 2021.
Our mission at BikeVC is to grow a safe, healthy community through equitable bicycle education, empowerment, and advocacy.
- In 2018, we helped over 775 people fix their bikes, logged over 621 work-trade hours, built and recycled nearly 346 bikes back into the community, thanks to donations
- Winner of Ventura Chamber of Commerce’s Non-Profit of the Year!
- Partnered with Epic in 2018 to host first-of-its-kind bicycle focused summer camp in Cabrillo Village
- Continued partnership with City of Ventura to host Ride Ready course; join a FREE class and bikeventura.org/events
- Participated in January 2017 City Council meeting to support the successful approval of a grant funding The Ventura Avenue Bicycle and Pedestrian Improvements Plan. The Grant includes bike lanes and sidewalks on Cedar St; bike lane, sidewalk and stop sign at DeAnza and curb extensions and better crosswalks on Ventura Ave
- Partnered with Giant Bicycles and Channel Islands Bike Club to donate over 200 bikes and helmets to Thomas Fire Victims
- Co-creator of Ventura’s Master Bikeway Plan. Our on-going, community actions are creating a new bicycle feel to the city of Ventura, including some of California’s first green-bike-boxes
- In 2012, opened the Ventura Bike HUB community shop supporting low-income cyclists in fixing their own bicycle
- Provided 25 bicycles to farm-worker youth
- Provide technical responses to city codes and plans, including 35 page of recommendations for the Westside code
- Written ~$1.5 million dollars of successful state/federal grants for Ventura City pay for bicycle safety and education
- The Bike HUBs
- Bikes and Parts for Sale
- Support this Vita Work, Donate Today
- Purchase Gift Cards for our Community Bike Shops
- Sign up for our Newsletter
- Read our Blog
We are grateful to our partners and donors, whose generous support has allowed us to sustain and grow our education, empowerment, and advocacy programs.